Seen to be one of the most attractive types of gardens, would be water gardens. We are sure you will agree that it is due to the plants that are all around it, and the fish that swims around a garden pond. However, getting involved in a water garden maintenance landscape Oregon project proves to be a little more complicated than dealing with a regular job. This is due to various excavation and water treatment issues.
Useful Tips Provided by a Reputed Landscaper in Oregon
It sure is handy to have a connection with reputed specialists such as Medford Landscaping Pros on Weebly. These are the kind of tips they provided to do with water garden:
- As water garden has its own unique issues, it is crucial first to plan your garden. The actual design and landscape should be drawn on paper. This would also include the various dimensions, and how deep the pond should be as well as the entire water garden layout.
- Once you finalized the design, you could make use of either a garden hose or rope to establish the form of your pond. It is relatively easy to mark the layout using spray paint as it will make the excavation process that follows much more accessible. Often times, this type of work proves to be tedious so you may want to hire professional excavators to do this for you.
- Now that you have all the soil taken out, you need to move on to the second half of the water garden project, taking care of the plumbing work. This is required to ensure your decorative fountains and waterfalls actually work. Also, most liners used are made from waterproof cement. You could always let your favorite landscaping company take care of this for you.
- The next stage is just as critical. The lip of your pond must be extra sturdy which can be achieved through leveling the area and filling it with cement. This would provide the necessary support to accommodate additional water garden features, and is often termed as coping shelf.
- Once the coping shelf had dried and got covered using garden soil, you should have boulders installed to serve as decorations for the perimeter of your pond. It is good to know that the blocks can be used to conceal any plumbing, hoses, wires, and other equipment that is needed. Besides, nothing will spoil the natural beauty of your water garden more than having all kinds of pipes sticking out.
- With that out of the way, your next task would be to plant the surrounding vegetation. It is suggested you make use of low maintenance plants. Make sure you add some plant fertilizer for speedier growth. You could also play around with your choice of aquatic plants and rocks that can be arranged at the bottom of your pond.
- Now you would just fill it up with water and add your fishes. Goldfish and carps are generally a popular choice as they are very colorful.
Water gardens add a lot of value to your home even though it proves to be expensive, it is well worth the effort. Allow Medford Landscaping Pros to assist you with any additional queries you may have.
One of the key issues related to hiring landscape maintenance Medford specialists would be the disappointment in finding a landscaper that gets it right.
One landscaper may do a pristine job of mowing lawns beautifully. However, they do not prune shrubs as an expert should. Probably, they make use of the services of a lawn maintenance expert who regularly mows their lawn each week.
Having said that, these guys do not control the garden sprinkler gadget. Any other organization needs to make seasonal adjustments or perform a simple irrigation repair as a separate service call.
It’s the difference in the attention to details like these that set a few landscape maintenance companies aside from other service vendors. That is especially true in the vicinity of panorama maintenance. Whether you’re a “do it yourself” sort of homeowner – or a person who prefers to hire out landscaping services – not having a detailed plan for maintaining your yard could make it a tiresome venture.
Many larger corporations now offer full property care programs that encompass garden mowing, fertilization, pruning, seasonal coloration, and first-rate pruning of timber and vegetation. They offer you the ability to do much the work as you want and encourage you to delegate theduties which happen to be past your comfort area.